Simulation of Radio Propagation
|Supervisor:||Horst Hellbrück , Marco Cimdins|
Simulation of the radio propagation is used to determine the optimal number and positions of WiFi access points before the installation. For that the floor plan and the position is entered into a tool that calculates the radio propagation. Due to radio frequency-based localization techniques, the importance of such tools is increasing.
The focus of this project is to examine the open source program PyLayers for simulation of the radio propagation. For that several rooms are to be read in from an existing floor plan, the radio propagation is simulated and afterwards compared to real measurements.
- Training in radio propagation
- Training in Python and PyLayers
- Documentation and evaluation of the results
- Knowledge of radio frequency, communications technology
- Experience in MATLAB or Python