Implementing Control Mechanisms for the OpenROV underwater vehicle in the Navigational Environment DUNE
|Betreuer:||Horst Hellbrück , Torsten Teubler|
In the context of the BOSS (Bionic Observation and Survey System) project we are developing an autonomous, intelligent, and cooperative behavior for AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles). To evaluate methods for autonomous and intelligent behavior we will use the OpenROV underwater vehicle (see also some videos). We already integrated mechanisms for autonomous and intelligent control for AUV's in the software DUNE. To combine the OpenROV with the autonomous and intelligent control we need to integrate control mechanisms for the OpenROV in DUNE.
In this thesis, control mechanisms for the OpenROV have to be implemented in DUNE. The OpenROV already implements a socket.io based control interface for controlling it via the browser. Our aim is to use the either the original OpenROV firmware through the socket.io interface via C/C++ or implement a custom solution (e.g. server process running on the OpenROV) for integrating it into DUNE. Details of the implementation will be discussed together with the supervisor during the thesis work.
- Getting familiar with the OpenROV.
- Chosing and implementing a control mechanism in DUNE (C/C++) for the OpenROV.
- The software developed in this woirk has to implement all actuator commands and means for retrieving status information from the OpenROV.
- For evaluation a DUNE application has to be implemented using all actuators and logging all status information of the OpenROV.
- The evaluation will take place in the baltic sea.
- Good knowledge of C/C++.
- Very good skills in problem-abstraction.
- Good self-organized working skills.
- Knowledge of the English language.